Certified Physician Assistant / Family Nurse Practitioner in a primary care setting to work under the supervision of a physician to assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories. Determining abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results. Candidate must have a board certification or Current PA-C license for the state of Texas and be a graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program. Very Competitive pay and benefits. Team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Benefits: * Dental, Vision, and Health insurance * Paid time off
Medical Specialty: * Primary Care
Schedule: * Monday to Friday (1/2 day Fridays)
Experience: * EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred) * Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required) * PA-C (Required) * Physician Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Maintains appropriate clinical standards. Follows the guidelines established by the Company policy and procedure manuals.
• Examines patients for symptoms and/or physical information while ensuring the delivery of high quality, patient-focused health care while recognizing the patient’s individual rights.
• Aides the patients in their right to be informed and to participate in making decisions in all aspects of their medical care and treatment and initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, including patient and family instruction. Ensures that all aspects of care have respect for personal values and beliefs, and is focused on the individual needs of each patient.
• Elicits and reviews information about patient’s medical history.
• Orders or executes various tests, analyses, results, reports and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition in a timely manner to determine appropriate treatment and follow up.
• Administers or prescribes treatments and medications appropriate for patient condition.
• Promotes health by educational instruction as well as advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
• Refers patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being.
• Accurately, efficiently, and completely documents necessary data for patient records to facilitate completion of billing processes.
• All entries into the medical record whether electronic or on paper will be legible, complete, dated, timed and signed with appropriate credentials. Documentation will be completed prior to discharge from the facility when possible but no later than 48 hours after discharge from the facticity.
• Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources of the Company in a prudent and efficient manner.
• Participates in department quality improvement activities, staff educational programs, attends departmental meetings, and demonstrates and maintains clinical competency in the delivery of patient care services in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Participates in Peer Review and Chart Audit processes as designated by the Medical Director.
• Must maintain contract with Primary Supervising Physician to deal with issues outside of their scope of practice.
• Maintains competency in skills relevant to the scope of services provided in the facility.
• Other duties as needed.
May be required to supervise clinical and clerical staff.
Job ID: 349376528