Job ID: 351976404
Physician Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a physician assistant to be responsible for examining patients, prescribing medicines, and ordering diagnostic tests. The physician assistant will work under the supervision of the physician or surgeon but may work independently, consulting with physicians when necessary. You should have experience in all areas of medicine but may specialize in an area such as psychiatry, pediatrics, dermatology, or surgery.
You will be assigned to an urgent/intermediate and primary care setting, befitting your credentials and experience. Must be willing to travel to other corp sites. Travel and accommodation provided.
Physician Assistant Responsibilities:
- Interviewing, examining, and diagnosing patients' injuries and illnesses.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Prescribing medications and suggesting lifestyle changes.
- Stitching wounds, setting bones, assisting in surgeries, and administering immunizations.
- Reviewing and maintaining patients' medical histories and records and recording patients' progress.
- Providing documentation for insurance companies.
- Educating and counseling patients and their families.
- Researching the latest treatments, innovations, advances, and trends in the medical industry.
Physician Assistant Requirements:
- Must possess current Physician’s Assistant License in the state of California.
- Clinical training experience, and the willingness to complete 100 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain certification.
- Current DEA license.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent patient/MD relationship.
- Excellent team working, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to treat patients with compassion and empathy.
SALARIES COMMENSURATE TO EXPERIENCE AND OTHER HIGHER EDUCATION HOWEVER NEGOTIABLE. Other benefits to be discussed during the interview.